It's not a very interesting story—but we'll share it with you. We had a very long list of requirements for our name.
- We needed a name that reflected the central role that systems play—to match the puzzle piece logo that we'd been toying with.
- We wanted it to denote something tangible.
- It had to be easy to spell and easy to say over the phone. Who wants to be constantly having to spell out their name?
- It had to be unique—so that people could actually find us on Google.
- It couldn't be anything fussy, confusing or pretentious
We'd been exploring a few different double-barrel names: We loved the name IronLeaf, for example, but at the time that was taken.
While going through this process of choosing a name, Terry, our Managing Director, was planning a holiday with his young family and came across Middle Stone Farm, in Somerset, and something clicked. The more we said it out loud the more we liked it—so here we are.